Vetting our Caregivers
We understand how hard it is to trust someone with the well being of your children. To help keep our clients & families assured, Night Owl Kids Care goes to great lengths to verify, interview, pre-screen, train, and educate our caregivers.
Our caregivers have joined the Night Owl team as independent contractors, and all have a combination of childcare, health care, nursing, and clinical experiences. Out of hundreds of applicants in each area, we scrutinize a select group of individuals that we can confidently say will provide quality care, love, and professionalism to our clientele.
Below is a glimpse of our vetting process:
- C-NACI Background Checks completed through the Department of Defense
- Federal, State, and Local Background Checks including Sex Offender Registry
- Motor Vehicle Reports (when applicable)
- Annual and Random Drug Testing/Urinalysis
- Employment Verification and investigation of any derogatory marks
- In-depth interview & questionnaire that helps measure education, cultural awareness, experience, and professionalism.
- NOKC is an Authorized Provider for the American Red Cross and makes sure that all of our caregivers are pediatric and adult CPR/First Aid Trained/Certified every two years or as-needed.
- Annual Child Protection Training and Oath through the Dept. of Defense
- Annual Food Handlers Course through the Dept. of Defense
- Annual State Trainings on Child Growth & Development, Health, Safety, & Nutrition, Proper Diapering, Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome & Abusive Head Trauma, Disaster Preparedness& Emergency Response, Safe Sleeping Practices & Prevention of SIDS